Email Service BulletinCritical Email Services Alert and Change
- Rackspace has suffered a massive attack resulting in taking down their Microsoft Service Providered Exchange solution.
- As a result, we have decided Rackspace is no longer a “safe” Email solutions provider. We are asking all clients to move Email services to either Google Workspace or to Microsoft 365.
- This does not impact any of our website or other marketing services. It is strictly related to Email
- If you have ANY questions, please visit https://liftdemand.com/schedule and click on the “Assisted Support” option.
We’re Here to Help!Please review the options below for fast, convenient assistance. Please allow adequate time for a response. Thank you for your interest and continued business. We appreciate you!
Free Training Videos
You’ll find the videos to be concise and quite helpful. And remember if you are a member of liftDEMAND, we are here to be your helping hands. Simply send your request to [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.
Normal Response Times
Sales / Billing Inquiries
Typically same business day.
We will confirm receipt of the request on the same business day. Please allow up to 3 business days for the request to be completed. If the request will take longer, we’ll let you know.
We strive to resolve these requests on the same business day. If it will take longer we’ll supply you with an update.
If you run into challenges with Email, leveraging these resources will typically help you resolve challenges quickly without the need for a support request.
IMPORTANT: Best Practices to Avoid a 24-Hour Sending Hold
EMAIL SENDING BEST PRACTICES
The following best practices are generally considered sound advice for any person-to-person email correspondence and are not necessarily specific to our service. These tips and guidelines are intended to reduce the possibility of your email ending up in your recipient’s spam folder, or worse, rejected by their email provider. The goal is to help you avoid the well-known mistakes that commonly trigger spam filtering in most modern email services and clients.
- Use a reputable and well-known email client. This will ensure that the email you send will be properly constructed and communicated.
- Things like providing HTML and text versions of the message content, properly constructed and formatted email headers, and adherence to specifications for sending email (SMTP) are fundamental to sending good mail.
- Keep your message’s layout as simple as possible. Avoid complex formatting.
- If you’re sending HTML email, ensure that it’s properly constructed. Things like missing/empty tags, poor formatting, and non-standard conventions are spam indicators.
- Use personalized greetings/salutations. Generic salutations make your content more likely to appear as unsolicited mail to spam filters.
- Do not use links that contain IP addresses. Using IP addresses is a huge red flag for spam filters.
- If you link to other companies’ sites in your message content, ensure that they are reputable sites.
- Be careful about using shortened urls in your message content. Shortened links are often used by spammers to mask the destination of the link; spam filters often flag messages with shortened links as spam.
- Avoid using symbols for letters in words; spellings like “str@nge”, “|etters”, and “g00gle” in your emails are often classified as spam.
- Do not overtly reference topics that are highly recognized as spam such as Rolex watches, medications, prescription drugs, or financial institutions.
Pay attention to your subject line. Avoid the following:
- Punctuation (especially exclamations and question marks).
- Using only capital letters.
- Words such as “urgent”, “free”, “guaranteed.”
- Text with spaces between every letter, such as “H e l l o.”
- It is becoming preferable to avoid attaching files to your messages. Most cloud file sites now offer shareable links you can provide in your email (Box.com, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Docs, etc.). Since attachments are a common way of distributing viruses (especially for Windows users), filters are becoming more strict on attachments. Zip file attachments are a common example of this.
- If you do send attachments, be sure they are named correctly and the spelling is correct. Also, choose a name that is simple and specific to the nature of the attachment.
If you need to send email to a larger number of recipients that falls within our sending limits, then here are some recommendations to ensure delivery both on our system and at other providers:
IMPORTANT: This is when you are sending to multiple recipients simultaneously like a “reply all” and is NOT the same as sending BULK EMAIL which is addressed below…
- Follow all the person-to-person best practices for creating the your messages.
- Ensure all recipients are end-user destinations.
- Our platform is intended for person-to-person communications.
- Ideally, these are people you already correspond with person-to-person.
- Use DNS-based sender authentication records for your domains (SPF/DKIM/DMARC):
- The more email you send, the more important it is that receivers can authenticate your email is from an authorized source.
- Avoid ‘blasting’ emails to many people.
- Tools like mail merge can allow for many messages to be generated/sent in a short period of time.
- Our hosted email platform does not offer bulk email services. We recommend using a reputable bulk email service to send out your content. This will ensure your emails are sent out safely and conform to industry best practices for delivering high-volume email. These services include features like email list hygiene, recipient opt-in and unsubscribe management, and content verification to ensure your message does not match typical spammy patterns.
- When sending from our Newsletter system be sure to adhere to the same best practices as when sending individual Emails. It will ensure your have maximum deliverability.
Need Further Assistance?
Please submit your request to [email protected] or leverage the form below.
We will call you with questions or to confirm the challenge is resolved.
Please be sure your submission is as detailed as possible.
"*" indicates required fields